Each partition action presents unique challenges. However, all partition actions start with a complaint for partition, sometimes known as a petition to partition property, which is usually a partition by sale. We have provided free online forms for partition actions that should only be used in conjunction with a partition attorney in California.
- Partition Action Complaint Form
- Answer to Partition Action Complaint Form
- Lis Pendens Form [Notice of Pendency of Action California]
- Quiet Title Complaint [California Example Form Sample Template]
- Severance of Joint Tenancy in California [Form Template Sample Example]
- Cash for Keys Offer & Agreement [Letter Form Template Sample]
- Letter Warning of Partition Action [Template Form Example]
- Boilerplate Affirmative Defenses: Motion to Strike & Demurrer [California Form Template Sample]
- Naming a Deceased Co-Owner During or Before a Partition Action [Form Template Example – Code of Civil Procedure 872.530(b)]
As the #1 partition law firm in California, we are regularly asked for these forms by other attorneys. These forms are provided with the intention that they be used lawyers with experience in real estate disputes. It is important to contact a real estate attorney to determine which forms would be appropriate, even if you decide to represent yourself. These forms are not guaranteed to be up to date or accurate, particularly given the ever-changing partition statutes in California.
Talkov Law's Partition Attorneys Can Help
If you want to end your co-ownership relationship, but your co-owner won’t agree, a partition action is your only option. With six, full time partition lawyers, Talkov Law is the #1 partition law firm in California and has handled 250 partition actions throughout California. Every case has resulted in a sale to either a third party or one of the co-owners. Not a single court has denied our clients the right to partition or declared our client to be a non-owner. Plus, for qualified cases, there is no fee until we settle or win your case!