webpage stats

Manteca Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Manteca

Manteca is a city located in San Joaquin County, California. It is situated in the Central Valley, about 90 miles east of San Francisco. The city is the largest in the county. Manteca is known for its agricultural production, including almonds, walnuts, and grapes. The city is also home to a variety of businesses, including a large shopping mall, a movie theater, and several restaurants. The city is served by two major highways, Interstate 5 and Highway 99, and is close to several major airports. Manteca is a great place to live, work, and play, and offers a variety of activities for residents and visitors alike.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Manteca, California is $399,000. As of 2020, the population of the California area of Manteca is estimated to be 79,927.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Manteca

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Joaquin County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Are there ways to make my partition action less expensive? There are numerous ways to obtain a less expensive partition action in California. For example, having your documents organized can ensure you don’t have to pay your attorney to go through a disorganized mess to get the information they need.
  • Will the plaintiff win a California partition action? The plaintiff almost always prevails in a partition. This is because the right to partition is absolute under California law. Most partition actions result in the Defendant agreeing to sell the property or buyout the plaintiff’s interest in the property, which is generally the plaintiff’s goal.
  • Can a partition action be stopped or dismissed in California? The truth is that there are very few affirmative defenses in a partition action, and those defenses are rarely applied by courts in California.
  • What is the average cost of a partition action? The usual cost for a partition action is about $8,000 to $12,000, depending on the complexity. Some cases settle quickly after the defendant receives the partition complaint, while others can drag on longer if there are more complex issues or delay tactics by the defendant.
  • Can a Trust File a Partition? Yes, a trust can file a partition action as the co-owner of real property in California.

Speak to Our Manteca Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Joaquin County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (209) 600-7700 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    In re Flynn – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of In re Flynn, 297 B.R. 599 (2003), the issue of partition was raised. The case involved a dispute between two siblings over the ownership of a family home. The siblings had inherited the home from their parents, and each had a one-half interest in the property. The siblings were unable to agree on how to divide the property, so one of them filed a petition for partition. The court had to decide whether the property should be divided in kind or sold and the proceeds divided. The court ultimately decided that the property should be sold and the proceeds divided, as it was the only way to ensure that both siblings received their fair share of the property. The court also noted that partition in kind would be difficult to accomplish due to the nature of the property.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Manteca in the County of San Joaquin, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (209) 600-7700 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Manteca also serve Lathrop, French Camp, Ripon, Escalon, and Stockton.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.