webpage stats

Buena Park Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Buena Park

Buena Park is a city located in northern Orange County, California. It is bordered by the cities of Anaheim, Cypress, La Palma, and Stanton. The city is home to several attractions, including Knott’s Berry Farm, Soak City, Medieval Times, and the Movieland Wax Museum. It is also home to the Buena Park Mall, which features a variety of stores and restaurants. The city is known for its diverse population and its many parks and recreational facilities. Buena Park is a great place to live, work, and play.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Buena Park, California is $619,400. As of 2020, the population of the California area of Buena Park is 81,837.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Buena Park

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Orange County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • How will the court in a California partition action determine how much each co-owner will receive from the sales proceeds? Generally, each co-owner will receive their fractional interest in the proceeds of sale based on their ownership interests. However, this amount can be enhanced or diminished by partition offsets whereby one co-owner paid more than their fractional interest for property expenses.
  • Can we negotiate a settlement instead of going through a partition action? We find that the best solution is to file the partition action, then negotiate a settlement. Defendants often reach a more reasonable settlement when they are being advised by a partition attorney who will explain that the plaintiff is very likely to obtain the sale of the property.
  • What is the timeline for a California partition action? Most partition actions are resolved in 3 to 6 months by way of settlement. Other cases can take 6 to 12 months to obtain an interlocutory judgment of partition, which generally appoints a referee to sell the property.
  • What is California’s Partition of Real Property Act? Effective January 1, 2023, California’s new partition law allows defendants to buy out the interests of the plaintiff at an appraised value.
  • Can heirs force the sale of property? Heirs can force the sale of real property in California once that property is distributed to them. However, sometimes, the property is still held in a trust where the trustee will sell the property. When there is no trust, the probate court may decide that the probate administrator will sell the property before it is distributed in fractional interests to the heirs.

Speak to Our Buena Park Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Orange County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (714) 333-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    In re Marriage of Hattis – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of In re Marriage of Hattis, 196 Cal.App.3d 1162 (1987), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The court was tasked with determining whether the husband or wife had the right to partition the community property. The husband argued that he had the right to partition the property, while the wife argued that the property was not subject to partition. The court ultimately held that the husband had the right to partition the property, but that the wife had the right to receive her share of the proceeds from the sale of the property. The court also held that the wife was entitled to an equal share of the proceeds from the sale of the property, regardless of whether the husband or wife was the one who initiated the partition. The court also held that the wife was entitled to an equal share of the proceeds from the sale of the property, regardless of whether the husband or wife was the one who initiated the partition.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Buena Park in the County of Orange, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (714) 333-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Talkov Law Orange County Office

    4000 MacArthur Blvd Ste 655
    Newport Beach, CA 92660
    Phone: (949) 888-8800

    Our partition attorneys in Buena Park also serve La Mirada, Fullerton, Anaheim, Cypress, and Stanton.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.