Code of Civil Procedure 873.290 CCP – Confirmation, Modification or Setting Aside Report; Hearing; Entry of Judgment (Partition In Kind)

California Code of Civil Procedure 873.290 is the California partition statute that allows a party to confirm, modify, or set aside the referee’s report in a partition in kind:

(a) Any party, upon notice to the other parties who have appeared, may move the court to confirm, modify, or set aside the report.

(b) At the hearing, the court may either confirm the report as filed or as the court may modify and enter judgment of partition accordingly or set aside the report and order preparation of a new report and, if necessary, appoint a new referee for this purpose.

(c) The division is effective and title vests in accordance therewith upon entry of judgment of partition.

California Code of Civil Procedure 873.290

This statute allows parties and later the court to confirm, modify, or set aside the report prepared by the partition referee. The court may then either confirm the report, modify the report, or set aside the report. Once the report has either been confirmed or the report has been modified and a judgment entered, the property will be divided as described in the referee’s report.

Note that this statute only applies to partition in kind, or physical division of property. California Code of Civil Procedure 873.720 applies instead if the property is being sold.

Talkov Law's Partition Attorneys Can Help

If you want to end your co-ownership relationship, but your co-owner won’t agree, a partition action is your only option. With seven, full time partition lawyers, Talkov Law is the #1 partition law firm in California and has handled over 300 partition actions throughout California. Every case has resulted in a sale to either a third party or one of the co-owners. Not a single court has denied our clients the right to partition or declared our client to be a non-owner. Plus, for qualified cases, there is no fee until we settle or win your case!

If you're looking to end your co-ownership dispute, contact California's premier partition action law firm by calling Talkov Law at (844) 4-TALKOV (825568) or sending us a message today.

Avatar photo
About Talkov Law Partition Attorneys

The partition attorneys at Talkov Law end co-ownership disputes by representing co-owners in real estate partition actions throughout the State of California.

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 39 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.