Code of Civil Procedure 873.750 CCP – Confirmation of Sale; Duties of Referee (Partition Actions)

California Code of Civil Procedure 873.750 is the California partition statute that gives the court the authority to order that the partition referee consummate the sale of the property. The statute provides that:

(a) Upon confirmation of a sale, the court shall order the referee to execute a conveyance or other instrument of transfer, to collect the proceeds, take security, and perform other acts required to consummate the sale.

(b) The order may direct the referee concerning the distribution, deposit, or securing of sale deposits and sale proceeds.

California Code of Civil Procedure 873.750

Law Revision Commission Comments to California Code of Civil Procedure § 873.750

In 1976, the California Legislative Committee explained California Code of Civil Procedure § 873.750 as follows:

Section 873.750 continues the substance of the first two sentences of former Section 785 and supersedes former Section 777. Section 873.750 states the court’s authority in broader terms than the former sections, which referred only to “proceeds of sale.” These are to be distributed to the person entitled when the court directs or are to be paid into court or deposited therein. However, substantial sums may be held by the referee or others pending a sale. These funds, as well as technical “proceeds of sale,” should be subject to the court’s order. For provisions concerning the disposition of the proceeds of sale, see Article 4 (commencing with Section 873.810).

Talkov Law's Partition Attorneys Can Help

If you want to end your co-ownership relationship, but your co-owner won’t agree, a partition action is your only option. With seven, full time partition lawyers, Talkov Law is the #1 partition law firm in California and has handled over 300 partition actions throughout California. Every case has resulted in a sale to either a third party or one of the co-owners. Not a single court has denied our clients the right to partition or declared our client to be a non-owner. Plus, for qualified cases, there is no fee until we settle or win your case!

If you're looking to end your co-ownership dispute, contact California's premier partition action law firm by calling Talkov Law at (844) 4-TALKOV (825568) or sending us a message today.

Avatar photo
About Talkov Law Partition Attorneys

The partition attorneys at Talkov Law end co-ownership disputes by representing co-owners in real estate partition actions throughout the State of California.

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 50 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.