San Bernardino County Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in San Bernardino County

San Bernardino County is located in the southern portion of California, east of Los Angeles. It is the largest county in the state by area, covering over 20,000 square miles. The county is home to over 2 million people, making it the fifth most populous county in the state. The county seat is San Bernardino, the largest city in the county. The county is home to a variety of landscapes, from the Mojave Desert to the San Bernardino Mountains. It is also home to a number of national parks, including Joshua Tree National Park and Death Valley National Park. The county is known for its diverse economy, which includes agriculture, manufacturing, and tourism.

According to Zillow, the median home value in San Bernardino County, California is $320,000 as of 2021. As of July 1, 2019, the population of San Bernardino County, California was 2,170,110.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving San Bernardino County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Bernardino County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What to expect in a California partition action? Partition actions necessarily resolve the conflict between co-owners through an expedited statutory process. A capable partition attorney will assist in expediting the process and producing the most favorable outcome.
  • What are the costs associated with a partition action? The costs of a partition action generally involve the attorney’s fees, and court costs, but can involve referee fees and broker’s fees if the property is sold.
  • Will there be a trial in a California partition action? Trials are extremely rare in partition actions because the interlocutory judgment procedure allows for a partition referee to be appointed by meeting just a few elements that rarely involve live testimony from witnesses. Even if a trial occurred, it would almost certainly relate only to the ownership interests or the distribution of proceeds, though most cases are decided on motion heard by the court based on the papers submitted by the parties.
  • How much does a partition action cost? The cost of a partition action can vary widely depending on the complexity of the case. A typical partition action usually costs between $5,000 and $12,000, with about $8,000 being the most common cost. However, difficulty locating a defendant, the motion to appoint a partition referee, delay tactics by defendants, and other issues may raise the cost of your partition action. An experienced partition lawyer can mitigate costs and resolve your co-ownership dispute with maximum efficiency.
  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.

Speak to Our San Bernardino County Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Bernardino County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (909) 577-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Akagi v. Ishioka – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Akagi v. Ishioka, 47 Cal.App.3d 426 (1975), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two co-owners of a single-family residence in Los Angeles. The two co-owners, Akagi and Ishioka, had inherited the property from their deceased father. Akagi wanted to partition the property, while Ishioka wanted to keep it as a single unit. The court ultimately ruled in favor of Akagi, finding that the partition was necessary to protect the interests of both parties. The court also noted that the partition would not cause any significant harm to Ishioka, as the property was already divided into two separate units. The court also noted that the partition would not cause any significant financial harm to either party, as the value of the property would remain the same.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the San Bernardino County County in the County of San Bernardino, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (909) 577-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in San Bernardino County also serve Riverside, Ontario, Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Chino, Redlands, Highland, Yucaipa, and Victorville.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 56 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.