Partition Lawyer in Los Angeles County, California

Partition Lawyer in Los Angeles County, California

Partition Lawyer Los Angeles County Los Angeles California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Los Angeles County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Los Angeles County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by awarding each co-owner a certain percentage of the property’s value. The court will then order the property to be divided according to the co-owners’ wishes. The partition statutes also provide that if the court finds that a physical division of the property is not feasible, it may order the property to be sold and the proceeds divided among the co-owners.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Can I be forced into selling a jointly owned house? Under California’s Partition of Real Property Act, a co-owner will have a right to buyout the property. However, absent a buy out at the appraised price, a plaintiff will likely be able to force the sale of a jointly owned house.
  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.
  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • Can a partition action be stopped? Generally, a partition action cannot be stopped, but a defendant may be able to buy time to seek a resolution. Eventually, however, the plaintiff can generally force the sale of the property based on the absolute right to partition.

Speak to Our Los Angeles County Partition Attorneys Today

End your co-ownership in Los Angeles County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (310) 496-3300

Partition California Lawyer Attorney Partition Action

Partition Actions in Los Angeles County

Partitions are quite common in Los Angeles County. According to Zillow, the median home value in Los Angeles County is $637,400 as of 2021. As of July 1, 2019, the population of Los Angeles County was 10,105,518.

Los Angeles County is the most populous county in the state of California and the second most populous county in the United States. It is located in the southern part of the state and is home to over 10 million people. The county seat is the city of Los Angeles, the largest city in California and the second largest city in the United States. Los Angeles County is home to many famous attractions, including Hollywood, Universal Studios, Disneyland, and the Getty Center. It is also home to many major universities, including the University of California, Los Angeles, California State University, Los Angeles, and the University of Southern California. The county is also home to numerous professional sports teams, including the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels, and Los Angeles Kings.

Walton v. Willis – Partition Action Case Study

In the legal case of Walton v. Willis, 1 U.S. 351 (1788), the issue was whether a partition of land could be made between two parties without the consent of the other. The case involved two brothers, Thomas and William Walton, who had inherited a tract of land from their father. Thomas wanted to divide the land between himself and William, but William refused to consent to the partition. The court ultimately held that a partition could not be made without the consent of both parties. This decision established the principle that a partition of land could not be made without the consent of all parties involved.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the Los Angeles County County in the County of Los Angeles, California.

Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (310) 496-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

Talkov Law Los Angeles Office

10880 Wilshire Blvd Ste 1101
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Phone: (310) 496-3300

Talkov Law Offices

Our partition attorneys in Los Angeles County also serve the nearby areas of Orange County, Ventura County, San Bernardino County, Riverside County, Kern County, San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County including Los Angeles, Long Beach, Glendale, Santa Clarita, Lancaster, Palmdale, Pomona, Torrance, Pasadena, El Monte, Downey, Inglewood, West Covina, Norwalk, Burbank, Compton, South Gate, Carson, Santa Monica, Whittier, Hawthorne, Alhambra, Lakewood, Bellflower, Baldwin Park, Lynwood, Redondo Beach, Pico Rivera, Montebello, Monterey Park, Gardena, La Puente, San Gabriel, Cerritos, Culver City, Manhattan Beach, La Mirada, Bell Gardens, West Hollywood, San Fernando, Calabasas, La Verne, San Dimas, Agoura Hills, Duarte, South Pasadena, Hermosa Beach, Lomita, Malibu, Hidden Hills, Rolling Hills, Avalon.

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.