Winters Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Winters

Winters is a small city located in Yolo County, California. It is situated in the Central Valley, about 30 miles west of Sacramento. The city has a population of about 7,000 people and is known for its agricultural production, including olives, walnuts, and wine grapes. Winters is also home to a number of wineries, including Berryessa Gap, Putah Creek, and Solano Cellars. The city is also home to a number of parks, including Putah Creek Park, Winters Community Park, and Putah Creek Wildlife Area. Winters is a great place to visit for its small-town charm, outdoor activities, and local wineries.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Winters, California is $521,400. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of the California area of Winters was 7,717.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Winters

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Yolo County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions allows for the partition of real property owned by two or more persons. This statute provides a legal mechanism for the division of real property when the owners cannot agree on how to divide the property. The partition statutes allow for the court to order the sale of the property and the division of the proceeds among the owners. The partition statutes also allows for the court to order the physical division of the property if it is feasible. The partition statutes also provide for the court to order the partition of the property by allotment, which is when the court assigns each owner a specific portion of the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.
  • Can a partition action be filed for both real property and personal property in California? Yes, all co-owned real and personal property can be partitioned under California law. Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 872.020.
  • Can I recover my attorney’s fees in a partition action? Yes, you can recover your legal fees in a partition action through a motion for attorney’s fees. However, most partitions settle, and most settlements involve a walk-away of attorney’s fees, meaning it important to hire a partition attorney who will handle the matter efficiently since each party is likely to pay their own fees.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • Will there be a trial in a California partition action? Trials are extremely rare in partition actions because the interlocutory judgment procedure allows for a partition referee to be appointed by meeting just a few elements that rarely involve live testimony from witnesses. Even if a trial occurred, it would almost certainly relate only to the ownership interests or the distribution of proceeds, though most cases are decided on motion heard by the court based on the papers submitted by the parties.

Speak to Our Winters Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Yolo County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (530) 999-5588 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Jamison v. McNeal – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Jamison v. McNeal, 2022 WL 1438863, A161846 (6-May-2022) , the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The parties were in disagreement over the division of a parcel of real property that was owned jointly by the two parties. The court was tasked with determining the appropriate division of the property, as well as the value of each party’s share. The court also had to consider the interests of both parties in the property, as well as any other relevant factors. Ultimately, the court determined that the property should be divided in a manner that was fair and equitable to both parties, and that each party should receive a share of the value of the property.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Winters in the County of Yolo, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (530) 999-5588 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Winters also serve Davis, Vacaville, Woodland, Dixon, Sacramento.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 56 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.