webpage stats

Tehachapi Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Tehachapi

Tehachapi is a city located in the Tehachapi Mountains in Kern County, California. It is approximately 40 miles (64 km) east-southeast of Bakersfield, at an elevation of 3,970 feet (1,210 m). The population was 14,414 at the 2010 census, up from 10,957 at the 2000 census. Tehachapi is a popular destination for outdoor recreation, including camping, hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing. The city is also known for its wind farms, which are visible from many parts of the city. The Tehachapi Loop, a popular train route, is located nearby. The city is served by the Tehachapi Unified School District.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Tehachapi, California is $323,400 as of 2021. As of July 1, 2019, the population of the Tehachapi area of California was estimated to be 14,919.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Tehachapi

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Kern County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • How to force the sale of jointly owned property? A partition action is the only statutory method to ensure the end of the co-ownership dispute.
  • What are the costs associated with a partition action? The costs of a partition action generally involve the attorney’s fees, and court costs, but can involve referee fees and broker’s fees if the property is sold.
  • How long will it take to get the property partitioned and sold? Most commonly, 3 to 6 months is all that it takes for the defendant to agree to a sale or buyout the plaintiff’s interest in the property for a fair value. Some cases may take 6 to 12 months.
  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.
  • Can you lose interest in a jointly owned home by moving out? Generally, co-owners maintain their ownership interests regardless of whether they live at the property. However, in rare cases, leaving the property for many years without paying taxes or other expenses may allow the co-owners in possession to argue that they have adversely possessed the property. Generally, these co-ownership disputes do not get easier with time, so it is important to act promptly.

Speak to Our Tehachapi Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Kern County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (661) 999-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Ralston v. Dumouchel – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Ralston v. Dumouchel, 2014 WL 4828226, G049241 (30-Sep-2014) , the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The parties had inherited a property from their father, and the court was tasked with determining how to divide the property between them. The court found that the property was not capable of being divided in kind, and thus, the court ordered a partition by sale. The court also found that the parties had failed to agree on a partition plan, and thus, the court appointed a referee to oversee the sale of the property. The court also ordered that the proceeds of the sale be divided equally between the parties.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Tehachapi in the County of Kern, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (661) 999-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Tehachapi also serve Golden Hills, Bear Valley Springs, Stallion Springs, Oak Knolls, Sand Canyon, and Cummings Valley.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.