webpage stats

Taft Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Taft

Taft is a small city located in the San Joaquin Valley of California. It is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, about 30 miles southwest of Bakersfield. The city has a population of around 9,000 people and is known for its oil production and agriculture. The city is home to the West Kern Oil Museum, which showcases the history of the oil industry in the area. Taft is also home to the Taft College, a two-year community college. The city is known for its annual Taft Midway Days celebration, which includes a parade, carnival, and other festivities.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Taft, California is $164,400. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of the California area of Taft was 9,845.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Taft

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Kern County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. A California partition action is a law that allows co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes provide a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide the property without having to go through the court system. The partition statutes allow co-owners to divide the property either by agreement or by court order. If the co-owners cannot agree on how to divide the property, then the court will divide the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any partition of the property must be done in accordance with the laws of the state of California. The legal effect of the partition statutes is that it provides a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide their property without having to go through the court system.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What are my partition rights for inherited property? Co-owners of inherited property generally have the absolute right to force the sale of the property through a partition action.
  • What is recoverable in a partition action? “In a suit for partition it is a general rule that all equities and conflicting claims existing between the parties and arising out of their relation to the property to be partitioned may be adjusted.” Demetris v. Demetris (1954) 125 Cal. App. 2d 440. This means that co-owners can assert offsets or recover payments of the mortgage, taxes, insurance, repairs and improvements in excess of their fractional interests.
  • Can we negotiate a settlement instead of going through a partition action? We find that the best solution is to file the partition action, then negotiate a settlement. Defendants often reach a more reasonable settlement when they are being advised by a partition attorney who will explain that the plaintiff is very likely to obtain the sale of the property.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • When is a partition action right for my dispute? Generally, parties who can reach their own resolution of a co-ownership dispute are not reading websites about partition law. If you are reading this article, chances are that your co-ownership dispute has reached a level where legal options are being considered. Filing a partition action will bring about a certain result to the co-ownership dispute, rather than letting it linger for years on end. However, if the parties are very close to a settlement, it may be wise to consider a resolution.

Speak to Our Taft Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Kern County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (661) 999-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Falletta v. Sun Star Country Club – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Falletta v. Sun Star Country Club, 2008 WL 242744, A115387, A117069 (30-Jan-2008) , the main issue was whether the partition of a golf course property was valid. The plaintiff, Falletta, owned a portion of the golf course property and wanted to partition it into two separate parcels. The defendant, Sun Star Country Club, argued that the partition was invalid because it would interfere with the golf course operations. The court ultimately ruled that the partition was valid, but that the plaintiff was required to pay the defendant for any damages caused by the partition. The court also ruled that the plaintiff was responsible for any costs associated with the partition, such as survey and legal fees.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Taft in the County of Kern, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (661) 999-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Taft also serve South Taft, Ford City, Dustin Acres, and Fellows.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.