Shasta County Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Shasta County

Shasta County is located in the northern part of California, in the Cascade Range and the Klamath Mountains. It is bordered by Siskiyou, Trinity, Tehama, and Lassen counties. The county seat is Redding, and the largest city is Redding. The county has a population of approximately 180,000 people. The county is home to Mount Shasta, the second highest peak in the Cascade Range. The county is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, including fishing, camping, hiking, and skiing. The county is also home to several national forests, including the Shasta-Trinity National Forest, the Lassen National Forest, and the Klamath National Forest. The county is also home to several state parks, including Whiskeytown National Recreation Area, McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park, and Castle Crags State Park.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Shasta County, California is $269,000 as of 2021. As of July 1, 2019, the population of Shasta County, California was estimated to be 180,966.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Shasta County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Shasta County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Can a partition action be stopped? Generally, a partition action cannot be stopped, but a defendant may be able to buy time to seek a resolution. Eventually, however, the plaintiff can generally force the sale of the property based on the absolute right to partition.
  • How much does a partition action cost? The cost of a partition action can vary widely depending on the complexity of the case. A typical partition action usually costs between $5,000 and $12,000, with about $8,000 being the most common cost. However, difficulty locating a defendant, the motion to appoint a partition referee, delay tactics by defendants, and other issues may raise the cost of your partition action. An experienced partition lawyer can mitigate costs and resolve your co-ownership dispute with maximum efficiency.
  • Are there ways to make my partition action less expensive? There are numerous ways to obtain a less expensive partition action in California. For example, having your documents organized can ensure you don’t have to pay your attorney to go through a disorganized mess to get the information they need.
  • When is a partition action right for my dispute? Generally, parties who can reach their own resolution of a co-ownership dispute are not reading websites about partition law. If you are reading this article, chances are that your co-ownership dispute has reached a level where legal options are being considered. Filing a partition action will bring about a certain result to the co-ownership dispute, rather than letting it linger for years on end. However, if the parties are very close to a settlement, it may be wise to consider a resolution.
  • Can I recover my attorney’s fees in a partition action? Yes, you can recover your legal fees in a partition action through a motion for attorney’s fees. However, most partitions settle, and most settlements involve a walk-away of attorney’s fees, meaning it important to hire a partition attorney who will handle the matter efficiently since each party is likely to pay their own fees.

Speak to Our Shasta County Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Shasta County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (530) 999-5588 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Clough v. Compton-Delevan Irr. Dist. – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Clough v. Compton-Delevan Irr. Dist., 12 Cal.2d 385 (1938), the issue was whether a partition of a parcel of land was valid. The parcel of land was owned by two parties, Clough and Compton-Delevan Irrigation District. Clough wanted to partition the land, while Compton-Delevan Irrigation District argued that the partition was invalid because it would interfere with the district’s irrigation system. The court ultimately held that the partition was valid, but that the district was entitled to compensation for any damages caused by the partition. The court also held that the district was entitled to an injunction to prevent any further interference with its irrigation system.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the Shasta County County in the County of Shasta, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (530) 999-5588 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Shasta County also serve Redding, Anderson, Cottonwood, Palo Cedro, Bella Vista, Shingletown, and Burney.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 56 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.