Santa Fe Springs Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Santa Fe Springs

Santa Fe Springs is a city located in Los Angeles County, California. It is located in the southeastern part of the county, about 11 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles. The city is home to a population of over 16,000 people and is known for its industrial and commercial businesses. Santa Fe Springs is home to many large companies, including Coca-Cola, Nestle, and Boeing. The city is also home to several parks, including Heritage Park, which features a lake, picnic areas, and a playground. Santa Fe Springs is a great place to live, work, and play, and is a great place to visit for its many attractions.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Santa Fe Springs, California is $541,400 as of 2021. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of Santa Fe Springs, California was 16,223.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Santa Fe Springs

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Los Angeles County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Can heirs force the sale of property? Heirs can force the sale of real property in California once that property is distributed to them. However, sometimes, the property is still held in a trust where the trustee will sell the property. When there is no trust, the probate court may decide that the probate administrator will sell the property before it is distributed in fractional interests to the heirs.
  • Can I recover my attorney’s fees in a partition action? Yes, you can recover your legal fees in a partition action through a motion for attorney’s fees. However, most partitions settle, and most settlements involve a walk-away of attorney’s fees, meaning it important to hire a partition attorney who will handle the matter efficiently since each party is likely to pay their own fees.
  • Can I still file a partition if my co-owner has filed for bankruptcy? Yes, the partition action can generally be filed in the bankruptcy court or the bankruptcy court can apply state partition law to allow offsets when the co-owned property is sold by the bankruptcy trustee.
  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.
  • How to force the sale of jointly owned property? A partition action is the only statutory method to ensure the end of the co-ownership dispute.

Speak to Our Santa Fe Springs Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Los Angeles County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (562) 600-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Schacherbauer v. Sherwood – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Schacherbauer v. Sherwood, 2004 WL 792116, C041575 (13-Apr-2004) , the partition issues revolved around the ownership of a parcel of land located in California. The plaintiff, Schacherbauer, owned a one-half interest in the property, while the defendant, Sherwood, owned the other half. The dispute arose when Schacherbauer sought to partition the property, which would have resulted in the physical division of the land into two separate parcels. Sherwood, however, opposed the partition, arguing that it would be detrimental to the value of the property. The court ultimately ruled in favor of Schacherbauer, finding that the partition was necessary to protect his interest in the property. The court also ordered that the partition be conducted in a manner that would not cause any harm to the value of the property.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Santa Fe Springs in the County of Los Angeles, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (562) 600-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Talkov Law Los Angeles Office

    10880 Wilshire Blvd Ste 1101
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
    Phone: (310) 496-3300

    Talkov Law Offices

    Our partition attorneys in Santa Fe Springs also serve Whittier, Norwalk, Downey, Pico Rivera, and La Mirada.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 53 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.