San Mateo County Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in San Mateo County

San Mateo County is a county located in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. It is the seventh most populous county in the state and the third most populous in the Bay Area. The county seat is Redwood City. San Mateo County is home to a variety of attractions, including the San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge, the Half Moon Bay State Beach, and the Crystal Springs Reservoir. The county is also home to several major tech companies, including Oracle, Electronic Arts, and Facebook. San Mateo County is known for its diverse population, with a mix of cultures and backgrounds. The county is also known for its excellent schools, with some of the highest test scores in the state.

According to Zillow, the median home value in San Mateo County, California is $1,541,400 as of 2021. As of July 1, 2019, the population of San Mateo County, California was 771,991.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving San Mateo County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Mateo County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.
  • How long will it take to get the property partitioned and sold? Most commonly, 3 to 6 months is all that it takes for the defendant to agree to a sale or buyout the plaintiff’s interest in the property for a fair value. Some cases may take 6 to 12 months.
  • Can a Trust File a Partition? Yes, a trust can file a partition action as the co-owner of real property in California.
  • What to expect in a California partition action? Partition actions necessarily resolve the conflict between co-owners through an expedited statutory process. A capable partition attorney will assist in expediting the process and producing the most favorable outcome.
  • Can we negotiate a settlement instead of going through a partition action? We find that the best solution is to file the partition action, then negotiate a settlement. Defendants often reach a more reasonable settlement when they are being advised by a partition attorney who will explain that the plaintiff is very likely to obtain the sale of the property.

Speak to Our San Mateo County Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Mateo County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (650) 999-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Balkins v. Norrby – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Balkins v. Norrby, 64 Cal.App.2d 848 (1944), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two co-owners of a parcel of real property. The plaintiff, Balkins, sought to partition the property, while the defendant, Norrby, argued that the property should not be partitioned. The court ultimately held that the property should be partitioned, but that the partition should be made in such a way that the interests of both parties were taken into account. The court also held that the partition should be made in such a way that the interests of the public were taken into account. The court also held that the partition should be made in such a way that the interests of the parties were not unduly prejudiced.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the San Mateo County County in the County of San Mateo, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (650) 999-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in San Mateo County also serve Burlingame, Hillsborough, Millbrae, San Bruno, Pacifica, Daly City, South San Francisco, Foster City, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood City, Menlo Park, Atherton, Woodside, Portola Valley, Half Moon Bay, and San Francisco.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 56 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.