San Joaquin County Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in San Joaquin County

San Joaquin County is a county located in the Central Valley of California. It is the eighth most populous county in the state and the thirty-third most populous county in the United States. The county seat is Stockton, and the largest city is Stockton. The county has a total area of 1,426 square miles, making it the second-largest county in California by area. The county is home to a diverse population of over 700,000 people, with a variety of cultures, languages, and religions. The county is known for its agricultural production, particularly its wine grapes, almonds, and walnuts. It is also home to a number of universities and colleges, including University of the Pacific, San Joaquin Delta College, and California State University, Stanislaus.

According to Zillow, the median home value in San Joaquin County, California is $346,400 as of 2021. As of July 1, 2019, the population of San Joaquin County, California was 798,845.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving San Joaquin County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Joaquin County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Will there be a trial in a California partition action? Trials are extremely rare in partition actions because the interlocutory judgment procedure allows for a partition referee to be appointed by meeting just a few elements that rarely involve live testimony from witnesses. Even if a trial occurred, it would almost certainly relate only to the ownership interests or the distribution of proceeds, though most cases are decided on motion heard by the court based on the papers submitted by the parties.
  • What is a partition action and when is it necessary?
  • How will the property be divided if a partition action is successful? In most partition actions, the property will be sold, rather than being divided. If the property is eligible for partition in-kind, the court can appoint a referee to prepare a report on dividing the property in a manner that does not damage the value of the fractional interests.
  • Do I need to go to court to win a partition action? While the partition action must be filed with the court, partition actions rarely involve a trial in which the co-owners appear at court. This means it is extremely unlikely that you will need to step foot in a courtroom. Most partition work is done by motion practice involving tentative rulings with little interaction between the court and the attorneys, let alone the co-owners.
  • How to force the sale of jointly owned property? A partition action is the only statutory method to ensure the end of the co-ownership dispute.

Speak to Our San Joaquin County Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Joaquin County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (209) 600-7700 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Bank of Ukiah v. Rice – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Bank of Ukiah v. Rice, 143 Cal. 265 (1904), the issue was whether a partition of real property could be made without the consent of all the owners. The case involved a dispute between the Bank of Ukiah and the Rice family over a parcel of land that was owned by both parties. The Bank of Ukiah wanted to partition the land, but the Rice family objected, arguing that the partition could not be made without their consent. The court ultimately ruled that a partition could be made without the consent of all the owners, as long as the partition was made in good faith and in accordance with the law. The court also held that the Bank of Ukiah had acted in good faith and that the partition was valid.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving San Joaquin County, California

    Our San Joaquin County partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (209) 600-7700 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 38 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

        Awards and Recognition

        US News and World Report Scott Talkov

        We Have Been Featured On:

        The Real Deal

        The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.