Partition Lawyer in Roseville, California

Partition Lawyer in Roseville, California

Partition Lawyer Roseville Placer California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Roseville

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Placer County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. A California partition action is a law that allows co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes provide a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide the property without having to go through the court system. The partition statutes also provide a way for co-owners to resolve disputes over the division of the property. The partition statutes provide that the court may order a partition of the property if the co-owners cannot agree on a division. The court may also order the sale of the property and the division of the proceeds among the co-owners. The partition statutes also provide that the court may award attorney’s fees and costs to the prevailing party in a partition action.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • What is the timeline for a California partition action? Most partition actions are resolved in 3 to 6 months by way of settlement. Other cases can take 6 to 12 months to obtain an interlocutory judgment of partition, which generally appoints a referee to sell the property.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • Can I be forced into selling a jointly owned house? Under California’s Partition of Real Property Act, a co-owner will have a right to buyout the property. However, absent a buy out at the appraised price, a plaintiff will likely be able to force the sale of a jointly owned house.
  • How long does a partition action take in California?” Most partition actions are complete in 3 to 6 months because most cases settle in either a buyout or agreed sale. However, some cases can drag on for 6 to 12 months.

Speak to Our Roseville Partition Attorneys Today

End your co-ownership in Placer County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (916) 668-3300

Partition California Lawyer Attorney Partition Action

Partition Actions in Roseville

Partitions are quite common in Roseville. According to Zillow, the median home value in Roseville, California is $451,400 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of the California area of Roseville is estimated to be 131,945.

Roseville is a city located in Placer County, California, in the Sacramento metropolitan area. It is the largest city in Placer County and is located just east of Sacramento. Roseville is known for its excellent schools, parks, and recreational activities. The city is home to a variety of shopping centers, restaurants, and entertainment venues. Roseville is also home to a number of corporate headquarters, including Hewlett-Packard, Oracle, and Intel. The city is a popular destination for outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, and fishing. Roseville is also home to a number of historical sites, including the Maidu Museum and the Roseville Telephone Museum.

Donnelly v. Wetzel – Partition Action Case Study

In the legal case of Donnelly v. Wetzel, 37 Cal.App. 741 (1918), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two siblings over the partition of a piece of real estate that had been inherited from their father. The siblings had agreed to divide the property, but the sister, Wetzel, refused to accept the partition and instead sought to have the property sold and the proceeds divided. The court found that the partition was valid and that Wetzel was not entitled to have the property sold. The court also found that Wetzel had acted in bad faith by refusing to accept the partition and that she was liable for damages for her refusal. The court also found that Wetzel was not entitled to any of the proceeds from the sale of the property.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Roseville in the County of Placer, California.

Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (916) 668-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

Our partition attorneys in Roseville, California serve Placer County and surrounding areas including Sacramento, Rocklin, Lincoln, Citrus Heights, Folsom, Auburn, Granite Bay, Loomis, Penryn.

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.