Ripon Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Ripon

Ripon is a small city located in San Joaquin County, California. It is situated in the Central Valley, about 40 miles south of Sacramento and 90 miles east of San Francisco. The city has a population of around 14,000 people and is known for its historic downtown, which features a variety of shops, restaurants, and other attractions. Ripon is also home to a number of parks, including the Ripon Community Park, which features a lake, walking trails, and picnic areas. The city is also home to a number of schools, including Ripon High School, which is part of the Ripon Unified School District.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Ripon, California is $521,400. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of the California area of Ripon is 14,297.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Ripon

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Joaquin County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • How long will it take to get the property partitioned and sold? Most commonly, 3 to 6 months is all that it takes for the defendant to agree to a sale or buyout the plaintiff’s interest in the property for a fair value. Some cases may take 6 to 12 months.
  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • What types of properties can be subject to a partition action in California? All co-owned real or personal property can be partitioned under California law. Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 872.020.
  • What is the timeline for a California partition action? Most partition actions are resolved in 3 to 6 months by way of settlement. Other cases can take 6 to 12 months to obtain an interlocutory judgment of partition, which generally appoints a referee to sell the property.
  • How will the property be divided if a partition action is successful? In most partition actions, the property will be sold, rather than being divided. If the property is eligible for partition in-kind, the court can appoint a referee to prepare a report on dividing the property in a manner that does not damage the value of the fractional interests.

Speak to Our Ripon Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Joaquin County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (209) 600-7700 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Villicana v. Lindsay – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Villicana v. Lindsay, 2016 WL 6301218, G052709 (13-Oct-2016) , the partition issues revolved around the ownership of a parcel of real property located in Orange County, California. The property was owned by the Villicana family, who had inherited it from their father. The family had been living on the property for over 30 years, but had never taken any steps to formally divide the property among the siblings. In 2013, one of the siblings, Lindsay, filed a partition action in order to divide the property among the siblings. The other siblings opposed the partition, arguing that the property was held in tenancy in common and that Lindsay had no right to partition the property. The court ultimately ruled in favor of Lindsay, finding that the property was held in joint tenancy and that Lindsay had the right to partition the property.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Ripon, County of San Joaquin, California

    Our Ripon partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (209) 600-7700 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 39 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

        Awards and Recognition

        US News and World Report Scott Talkov

        We Have Been Featured On:

        The Real Deal

        The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.