Partition Lawyer in Placer County, California

Partition Lawyer in Placer County, California

Partition Lawyer Placer County Placer California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Placer County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Placer County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What to expect in a California partition action? Partition actions necessarily resolve the conflict between co-owners through an expedited statutory process. A capable partition attorney will assist in expediting the process and producing the most favorable outcome.
  • Can a Trust File a Partition? Yes, a trust can file a partition action as the co-owner of real property in California.
  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.
  • How will the property be divided if a partition action is successful? In most partition actions, the property will be sold, rather than being divided. If the property is eligible for partition in-kind, the court can appoint a referee to prepare a report on dividing the property in a manner that does not damage the value of the fractional interests.
  • What are the costs associated with a partition action? The costs of a partition action generally involve the attorney’s fees, and court costs, but can involve referee fees and broker’s fees if the property is sold.

Speak to Our Placer County Partition Attorneys Today

End your co-ownership in Placer County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (916) 668-3300

Partition California Lawyer Attorney Partition Action

Partition Actions in Placer County

Partitions are quite common in Placer County. According to Zillow, the median home value in Placer County, California is $541,400 as of 2021. As of July 1, 2019, the population of Placer County, California was estimated to be 394,972.

Placer County is a county located in the U.S. state of California. It is located in the Sierra Nevada region of the state, and is part of the Greater Sacramento area. The county seat is Auburn. Placer County is home to a population of approximately 380,000 people, and is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, including skiing, hiking, camping, and fishing. The county is also home to a number of historic sites, including the Auburn State Recreation Area, the Placer County Museum, and the Placer County Courthouse. Placer County is also home to a number of wineries, and is a popular destination for wine tasting.

Bodden v. Community Nat. Bank of Kern County – Partition Action Case Study

In the legal case of Bodden v. Community Nat. Bank of Kern County, 271 Cal.App.2d 432 (1969), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two siblings, Bodden and her brother, over the ownership of a parcel of land that had been inherited from their father. Bodden argued that the land should be partitioned, while her brother argued that the land should remain undivided. The court ultimately ruled in favor of Bodden, finding that the land should be partitioned. The court held that the partition of the land was necessary to ensure that each sibling received their fair share of the inheritance. The court also noted that partition was necessary to prevent one sibling from taking advantage of the other.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the Placer County County in the County of Placer, California.

Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (916) 668-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

Our partition attorneys in Placer County also serve the nearby areas of El Dorado County, Nevada County, Sacramento County, Sutter County, Yolo County, Yuba County including Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Auburn, Colfax, Loomis, Newcastle, Granite Bay, Meadow Vista, Penryn

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.