Moorpark Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Moorpark

Moorpark is a city located in Ventura County, California. It is located in the eastern part of the county, about 35 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles. The city is known for its rural atmosphere and small-town charm. The city is home to several parks, including Arroyo Simi Park, Tierra Rejada Park, and Walnut Grove Park. It is also home to Moorpark College, a two-year community college. The city is known for its annual Moorpark Apricot Festival, which celebrates the city’s agricultural heritage. The city is also home to several wineries and vineyards, making it a popular destination for wine tasting.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Moorpark, California is $717,400 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of the California area of Moorpark is estimated to be 35,945.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Moorpark

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Ventura County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by awarding each co-owner a certain percentage of the property’s value. The court will then order the property to be divided according to the co-owners’ wishes. The partition statutes also provide that if the court finds that a physical division of the property is not possible, it may order the property to be sold and the proceeds divided among the co-owners.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What is the timeline for a California partition action? Most partition actions are resolved in 3 to 6 months by way of settlement. Other cases can take 6 to 12 months to obtain an interlocutory judgment of partition, which generally appoints a referee to sell the property.
  • Do I need to go to court to win a partition action? While the partition action must be filed with the court, partition actions rarely involve a trial in which the co-owners appear at court. This means it is extremely unlikely that you will need to step foot in a courtroom. Most partition work is done by motion practice involving tentative rulings with little interaction between the court and the attorneys, let alone the co-owners.
  • How much does a partition action cost? The cost of a partition action can vary widely depending on the complexity of the case. A typical partition action usually costs between $5,000 and $12,000, with about $8,000 being the most common cost. However, difficulty locating a defendant, the motion to appoint a partition referee, delay tactics by defendants, and other issues may raise the cost of your partition action. An experienced partition lawyer can mitigate costs and resolve your co-ownership dispute with maximum efficiency.
  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.
  • Can a partition action be stopped or dismissed in California? The truth is that there are very few affirmative defenses in a partition action, and those defenses are rarely applied by courts in California.

Speak to Our Moorpark Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Ventura County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (805) 880-8800 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Robinson v. Fair – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Robinson v. Fair, 128 U.S. 53 (1888), the issue was whether a partition of land could be made without the consent of all the owners. The case involved a dispute between two brothers, William and John Robinson, over the partition of a tract of land that they jointly owned. William wanted to partition the land, while John objected. The Supreme Court held that a partition of land could not be made without the consent of all the owners, and that William could not force a partition without John’s consent. The Court reasoned that a partition would interfere with the rights of the other owners, and that it would be unfair to force a partition without their consent.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Moorpark, County of Ventura, California

    Our Moorpark partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (805) 880-8800 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 38 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

        Awards and Recognition

        US News and World Report Scott Talkov

        We Have Been Featured On:

        The Real Deal

        The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.