Menlo Park Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Menlo Park

Menlo Park is a city located in San Mateo County, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. It is located between San Francisco and San Jose, and is home to many tech companies, including Facebook, which is headquartered in the city. Menlo Park is known for its tree-lined streets, excellent schools, and vibrant downtown area. The city is also home to several parks, including Bedwell Bayfront Park, which offers stunning views of the bay. Menlo Park is a great place to live, work, and play.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Menlo Park, California is $2,890,000 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of Menlo Park, California is estimated to be 33,845.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Menlo Park

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Mateo County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions allows for the partition of real property owned by two or more persons. This statute provides a legal mechanism for the division of real property when the owners cannot agree on how to divide the property. The partition statutes allow for the court to order the sale of the property and the division of the proceeds among the owners. The partition statutes also allows for the court to order the physical division of the property if it is feasible. The partition statutes also provide for the court to order the partition of the property by allotment, which is when the court assigns each owner a specific portion of the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • When is a partition action right for my dispute? Generally, parties who can reach their own resolution of a co-ownership dispute are not reading websites about partition law. If you are reading this article, chances are that your co-ownership dispute has reached a level where legal options are being considered. Filing a partition action will bring about a certain result to the co-ownership dispute, rather than letting it linger for years on end. However, if the parties are very close to a settlement, it may be wise to consider a resolution.
  • What are my partition rights for inherited property? Co-owners of inherited property generally have the absolute right to force the sale of the property through a partition action.
  • What to expect in a California partition action? Partition actions necessarily resolve the conflict between co-owners through an expedited statutory process. A capable partition attorney will assist in expediting the process and producing the most favorable outcome.
  • What are the grounds for a partition action in California? A co-owner is “entitled to partition as a matter of absolute right,” meaning “he need not assign any reason for his demand; that it is sufficient if he demands a severance; and that when grounds for a sale are duly established it may be demanded as of right. To grant it is not a mere matter of grace.” De Roulet v. Mitchel (1945) 70 Cal.App.2d 120, 123-124.

Speak to Our Menlo Park Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Mateo County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (650) 999-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    San Fernando Farm Homestead Ass’n v. Porter – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of San Fernando Farm Homestead Ass’n v. Porter, 7 P.C.L.J. 791 (1881), the issue was whether a partition of a homestead was valid. The homestead was owned by a married couple, and the husband had died. The wife had then attempted to partition the homestead, but the partition was challenged by the husband’s heirs. The court held that the partition was invalid because the husband had not consented to it. The court reasoned that the husband’s consent was necessary because the homestead was held in joint tenancy, and the husband’s death had not severed the joint tenancy. Therefore, the court held that the partition was invalid and the homestead could not be divided.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Menlo Park in the County of San Mateo, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (650) 999-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Menlo Park also serve Atherton, Palo Alto, Redwood City, Woodside, and Stanford.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 56 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.