Marysville Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Marysville

Marysville is a city located in Yuba County, California. It is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, about 40 miles north of Sacramento. The city has a population of 12,072, according to the 2010 census. Marysville is known for its historic downtown, which features a variety of shops, restaurants, and other attractions. The city is also home to the Yuba-Sutter Fairgrounds, which hosts a variety of events throughout the year. Marysville is a great place to live, work, and play, with plenty of outdoor activities, cultural attractions, and a vibrant downtown.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Marysville, CA is $269,400. As of 2020, the population of Marysville, California is 12,072.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Marysville

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Yuba County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • How long does a partition action take in California?” Most partition actions are complete in 3 to 6 months because most cases settle in either a buyout or agreed sale. However, some cases can drag on for 6 to 12 months.
  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.
  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.
  • What is the timeline for a California partition action? Most partition actions are resolved in 3 to 6 months by way of settlement. Other cases can take 6 to 12 months to obtain an interlocutory judgment of partition, which generally appoints a referee to sell the property.

Speak to Our Marysville Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Yuba County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (530) 999-5588 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Douglas v. Edwards – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Douglas v. Edwards, 2015 WL 1870088, D064389 (23-Apr-2015) , the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The plaintiff, Douglas, owned a parcel of land that was divided into two parts by a road. The defendant, Edwards, owned the other half of the parcel. Douglas sought to partition the land, arguing that the road should be removed and the two parcels should be combined into one. Edwards argued that the road should remain in place, and that the two parcels should remain separate. The court ultimately ruled in favor of Douglas, finding that the road should be removed and the two parcels should be combined into one.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Marysville in the County of Yuba, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (530) 999-5588 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Marysville also serve Yuba City, Linda, Olivehurst, Plumas Lake, Wheatland.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 56 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.