Partition Lawyer in Kings County, California

Partition Lawyer in Kings County, California

Partition Lawyer Kings County Kings California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Kings County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Kings County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. A California partition action is a law that allows co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes provide a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide the property without having to go through the court system. The partition statutes also provide a way for co-owners to resolve disputes over the division of the property. The partition statutes provide that the partition must be done in a fair and equitable manner, and that the court must approve the partition before it can be enforced. The partition statutes also provide that the court may order the sale of the property if the co-owners cannot agree on a partition. The legal effect of the partition statutes is that it provides a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide their property without having to go through the court system.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What happens to any debts or liens on the property during a partition action? Secured debts are paid from the sale of the property. Secured lenders named in a partition action are generally dismissed with an agreement to pay the mortgage at the time of the sale.
  • Can I recover my attorney’s fees in a partition action? Yes, you can recover your legal fees in a partition action through a motion for attorney’s fees. However, most partitions settle, and most settlements involve a walk-away of attorney’s fees, meaning it important to hire a partition attorney who will handle the matter efficiently since each party is likely to pay their own fees.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • Can we negotiate a settlement instead of going through a partition action? We find that the best solution is to file the partition action, then negotiate a settlement. Defendants often reach a more reasonable settlement when they are being advised by a partition attorney who will explain that the plaintiff is very likely to obtain the sale of the property.
  • What are the tax implications of a partition action? It is best to seek the advice of a tax attorney or CPA about tax issues. However, the most common tax issues in partitions, like other sales, can involve capital gains taxes and the potential partial or full reassessment of property taxes.

Speak to Our Kings County Partition Attorneys Today

End your co-ownership in Kings County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (559) 777-5500

Partition California Lawyer Attorney Partition Action

Partition Actions in Kings County

Partitions are quite common in Kings County. According to Zillow, the median home value in Kings County, California is $225,000. As of July 1, 2019, the population of Kings County, California was 152,982.

Kings County is a county located in the Central Valley of California. It is bordered by Fresno County to the north, Tulare County to the east, Kern County to the south, and San Joaquin County to the west. The county seat is Hanford. The population of Kings County was 152,982 as of the 2010 census. The county is named for the Kings River, which was named in 1805 by Spanish explorer Gabriel Moraga for the biblical King Solomon. Kings County is home to a variety of agricultural products, including cotton, grapes, citrus, and dairy products. The county is also home to a number of military bases, including the Lemoore Naval Air Station and the Naval Air Weapons Station China Lake.

De Roulet v. Mitchel – Partition Action Case Study

In the legal case of De Roulet v. Mitchel, 70 Cal.App.2d 120 (1945), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two co-owners of a parcel of real property. The plaintiff, De Roulet, sought to partition the property, while the defendant, Mitchel, argued that the property should not be partitioned. The court ultimately ruled in favor of De Roulet, finding that the property should be partitioned. The court noted that the parties had a right to partition the property, and that the partition should be done in a manner that would be fair and equitable to both parties. The court also noted that the partition should be done in a way that would not cause unnecessary hardship to either party.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the Kings County County in the County of Kings, California.

Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (559) 777-5500 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

Our partition attorneys in Kings County also serve the nearby areas of Fresno County, Tulare County, Monterey County, San Luis Obispo County, Santa Barbara County including Hanford, Corcoran, Lemoore, Avenal

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.