Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Jurupa Valley
Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Riverside County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.
Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:
- What type of relief can be granted by the court in a partition action? A partition action generally involves the sale or division of the property, along with an accounting of offsets.
- Can a Trust File a Partition? Yes, a trust can file a partition action as the co-owner of real property in California.
- How to force the sale of jointly owned property? A partition action is the only statutory method to ensure the end of the co-ownership dispute.
- How will the court in a California partition action determine how much each co-owner will receive from the sales proceeds? Generally, each co-owner will receive their fractional interest in the proceeds of sale based on their ownership interests. However, this amount can be enhanced or diminished by partition offsets whereby one co-owner paid more than their fractional interest for property expenses.
- Can I still file a partition if my co-owner has filed for bankruptcy? Yes, the partition action can generally be filed in the bankruptcy court or the bankruptcy court can apply state partition law to allow offsets when the co-owned property is sold by the bankruptcy trustee.
Speak to Our Jurupa Valley Partition Attorneys Today
End your co-ownership in Riverside County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!
Call us at (951) 888-3300
Partition Actions in Jurupa Valley
Partitions are quite common in Jurupa Valley. According to Zillow, the median home value in Jurupa Valley, California is $399,000. As of 2020, the population of the California area of Jurupa Valley is estimated to be 103,945.
Jurupa Valley is a city located in Riverside County, California. It is situated in the western part of the Inland Empire region, and is bordered by the cities of Riverside, Mira Loma, and Pedley. The city is known for its rural atmosphere and agricultural heritage. The city is home to a variety of parks, trails, and recreational areas, as well as a number of shopping centers and restaurants. Jurupa Valley is also home to the Jurupa Valley Unified School District, which serves the educational needs of the city’s students.
Geary v. De Espinosa – Partition Action Case Study
In the legal case of Geary v. De Espinosa, 51 Cal.App. 52 (1921), the issue was whether a partition of property between two co-owners was valid. The court held that the partition was invalid because it was not made in good faith. The court found that the partition was made in order to benefit one of the co-owners, and not to fairly divide the property between the two. The court also found that the partition was not made in accordance with the law, as it did not take into account the rights of the other co-owner. The court held that the partition was invalid and that the co-owners must continue to hold the property as tenants in common.
Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Jurupa Valley in the County of Riverside, California.
Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (951) 888-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.
Our partition attorneys in Jurupa Valley, California serve Riverside County and surrounding areas including Riverside, Ontario, Fontana, Corona, Eastvale, Mira Loma.