Ione Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Ione

Ione is a small city located in Amador County, California. It is situated in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, about 40 miles southeast of Sacramento. The city is known for its historic downtown, which features a variety of shops, restaurants, and other businesses. The city is also home to a number of parks, including Ione Regional Park, which offers camping, fishing, and other outdoor activities. Ione is a popular destination for visitors looking to explore the area’s natural beauty and rich history.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Ione, California is $346,400. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the population of the California area of Ione was 2,903 as of July 1, 2019.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Ione

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Amador County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by awarding each co-owner a certain percentage of the property’s value. The court will then order the property to be divided according to the co-owners’ wishes. The partition statutes also provide that if the court finds that a physical division of the property is not possible, it may order the property to be sold and the proceeds divided among the co-owners.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What is the timeline for a California partition action? Most partition actions are resolved in 3 to 6 months by way of settlement. Other cases can take 6 to 12 months to obtain an interlocutory judgment of partition, which generally appoints a referee to sell the property.
  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.
  • What are the costs associated with a partition action? The costs of a partition action generally involve the attorney’s fees, and court costs, but can involve referee fees and broker’s fees if the property is sold.
  • Can I be forced into selling a jointly owned house? Under California’s Partition of Real Property Act, a co-owner will have a right to buyout the property. However, absent a buy out at the appraised price, a plaintiff will likely be able to force the sale of a jointly owned house.
  • Will the plaintiff win a California partition action? The plaintiff almost always prevails in a partition. This is because the right to partition is absolute under California law. Most partition actions result in the Defendant agreeing to sell the property or buyout the plaintiff’s interest in the property, which is generally the plaintiff’s goal.

Speak to Our Ione Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Amador County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (209) 600-7700 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Charco Ventures v. Sandoval – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Charco Ventures v. Sandoval, 2010 WL 227647, C060305 (22-Jan-2010) , the main issue was the partition of a parcel of land. Charco Ventures owned a parcel of land that was divided into two parts, one part owned by Charco Ventures and the other part owned by Sandoval. Charco Ventures sought to partition the land, meaning that the two parts would be divided into separate parcels. Sandoval opposed the partition, arguing that the two parts of the parcel should remain together. The court ultimately ruled in favor of Charco Ventures, ordering the partition of the parcel of land.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Ione, County of Amador, California

    Our Ione partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (209) 600-7700 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 38 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

        Awards and Recognition

        US News and World Report Scott Talkov

        We Have Been Featured On:

        The Real Deal

        The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.