Partition Lawyer in Hayward, California

Partition Lawyer in Hayward, California

Partition Lawyer Hayward Alameda California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Hayward

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Alameda County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. A California partition action is a law that allows co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes provide a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide the property without having to go through the court system. The partition statutes allow co-owners to divide the property either by agreement or by court order. If the co-owners cannot agree on how to divide the property, then the court will divide the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any partition of the property must be done in accordance with the laws of the state of California. The legal effect of the partition statutes is that it provides a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide their property without having to go through the court system.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Can I still file a partition if my co-owner has filed for bankruptcy? Yes, the partition action can generally be filed in the bankruptcy court or the bankruptcy court can apply state partition law to allow offsets when the co-owned property is sold by the bankruptcy trustee.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • What are the potential outcomes of a partition action? The most likely outcome in a partition action is that the plaintiff receives fair value for their interest in the property either through a sale to a third party or to the defendant. In rare cases, a property can be divided, through this is not applicable to single family residences with no surplus land.
  • Can a minority owner force the sale of a property? There is no requirement for a majority vote for partition. Rather, an co-owner of any interest in property can force the sale.
  • Can I recover my attorney’s fees in a partition action? Yes, you can recover your legal fees in a partition action through a motion for attorney’s fees. However, most partitions settle, and most settlements involve a walk-away of attorney’s fees, meaning it important to hire a partition attorney who will handle the matter efficiently since each party is likely to pay their own fees.

Speak to Our Hayward Partition Attorneys Today

End your co-ownership in Alameda County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (510) 999-3300

Partition California Lawyer Attorney Partition Action

Partition Actions in Hayward

Partitions are quite common in Hayward. According to Zillow, the median home value in Hayward, California is $717,400 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of the California area of Hayward is estimated to be 153,788.

Hayward is a city located in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area in Alameda County, California. It is the sixth-largest city in the Bay Area and the third-largest in Alameda County. Hayward is known for its many parks, its vibrant downtown, and its proximity to the San Francisco Bay. The city is home to California State University, East Bay, and is a major hub for the Bay Area’s transportation network. Hayward is also home to a variety of businesses, including several major corporations, and is a popular destination for shopping, dining, and entertainment.

Cummings v. Dessel – Partition Action Case Study

In the legal case of Cummings v. Dessel, 13 Cal.App.5th 589 (2017), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two siblings over the ownership of a family home. The siblings had inherited the home from their parents, and the siblings had agreed to partition the home, with one sibling taking the upstairs portion and the other taking the downstairs portion. However, the siblings had not been able to agree on the terms of the partition, and the dispute had gone to court. The court had to decide whether the siblings had the right to partition the home, and if so, how the partition should be accomplished. The court also had to decide whether the siblings had the right to sell the home and divide the proceeds, or if the home should remain in the family. The court ultimately ruled that the siblings had the right to partition the home, and that the partition should be accomplished by a sale of the home and a division of the proceeds.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Hayward in the County of Alameda, California.

Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (510) 999-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

Our partition attorneys in Hayward, California serve Alameda County and surrounding areas including San Leandro, Castro Valley, Union City, Fremont, Newark, San Lorenzo.

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.