Hawaiian Gardens Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Hawaiian Gardens

Hawaiian Gardens is a city located in Los Angeles County, California. It is situated in the Gateway Cities region of southeastern Los Angeles County, near Long Beach. The population was 14,254 at the 2010 census, down from 14,779 at the 2000 census. The city was incorporated on April 9, 1964. Hawaiian Gardens is the smallest city in Los Angeles County by land area. It is also the second-smallest by population, after Vernon. The city is served by the ABC Unified School District. Hawaiian Gardens is home to the largest casino in the state of California, The Gardens Casino. The casino is home to a variety of card games, including poker, blackjack, and baccarat. The city also has a variety of parks, including the Hawaiian Gardens Community Park, which features a playground, basketball court, and picnic area.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Hawaiian Gardens, Los Angeles County, California is $521,400 as of 2021. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of Hawaiian Gardens, California was 14,254.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Hawaiian Gardens

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Los Angeles County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Who pays for a partition action? In California, each party typically pays for their own attorney’s fees (known as the “American Rule”). However, California partition law allows for an exception to this rule, stating that “the court shall apportion the costs of partition among the parties in proportion to their interests or make such other apportionment as may be equitable.” California Code of Civil Procedure 874.040. Indeed, the court may award “reasonable attorney’s fees incurred or paid by a party for the common benefit.” California Code of Civil Procedure 874.010(a).
  • What are the different types of partition in California? Almost all partition actions are partition by sale, though partition in-kind allows the property to be divided, while a partition by appraisal allows the purchase by one-co-owner at an appraised value.
  • Are there ways to make my partition action less expensive? There are numerous ways to obtain a less expensive partition action in California. For example, having your documents organized can ensure you don’t have to pay your attorney to go through a disorganized mess to get the information they need.
  • Will there be a trial in a California partition action? Trials are extremely rare in partition actions because the interlocutory judgment procedure allows for a partition referee to be appointed by meeting just a few elements that rarely involve live testimony from witnesses. Even if a trial occurred, it would almost certainly relate only to the ownership interests or the distribution of proceeds, though most cases are decided on motion heard by the court based on the papers submitted by the parties.
  • What type of relief can be granted by the court in a partition action? A partition action generally involves the sale or division of the property, along with an accounting of offsets.

Speak to Our Hawaiian Gardens Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Los Angeles County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (562) 600-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Ankenbrandt v. Shannahan – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Ankenbrandt v. Shannahan, 2009 WL 850152, D052576 (1-Apr-2009) , the partition issue at hand was whether the trial court had the authority to order a partition of the property in question. The plaintiff, Ankenbrandt, argued that the trial court had the authority to order a partition of the property, while the defendant, Shannahan, argued that the trial court did not have the authority to order a partition of the property. The court ultimately ruled in favor of Ankenbrandt, finding that the trial court did have the authority to order a partition of the property. The court reasoned that the partition statute was broad enough to encompass the facts of the case and that the trial court had the authority to order a partition of the property.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Hawaiian Gardens, County of Los Angeles, California

    Our Hawaiian Gardens partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (562) 600-3300 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law Los Angeles Office

    10880 Wilshire Blvd Ste 1101
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
    Phone: (310) 496-3300

    Talkov Law Offices

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 50 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.