Grand Terrace Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Grand Terrace

Grand Terrace is a small city located in San Bernardino County, California. It is situated in the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains, and is bordered by the cities of Colton, Loma Linda, and Highgrove. Grand Terrace is a quiet, residential community with a population of approximately 12,000 people. The city is known for its beautiful views of the mountains and its close proximity to the city of Riverside. Grand Terrace is home to several parks, including Grand Terrace Park, which features a playground, picnic areas, and a walking path. The city also has a variety of restaurants, shops, and other amenities.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Grand Terrace, California is $346,400 as of 2021. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of Grand Terrace, California was 12,822.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Grand Terrace

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Bernardino County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. A California partition action is a law that allows co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes provide a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide the property without having to go through the court system. The partition statutes also provide a way for co-owners to force the sale of the property if they cannot agree on how to divide it. The partition statutes also set out the procedures for the sale of the property and how the proceeds of the sale will be divided among the co-owners. The partition statutes also provide for the payment of costs associated with the sale of the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • What is California’s Partition of Real Property Act? Effective January 1, 2023, California’s new partition law allows defendants to buy out the interests of the plaintiff at an appraised value.
  • When is a partition action right for my dispute? Generally, parties who can reach their own resolution of a co-ownership dispute are not reading websites about partition law. If you are reading this article, chances are that your co-ownership dispute has reached a level where legal options are being considered. Filing a partition action will bring about a certain result to the co-ownership dispute, rather than letting it linger for years on end. However, if the parties are very close to a settlement, it may be wise to consider a resolution.
  • Do I need to go to court to win a partition action? While the partition action must be filed with the court, partition actions rarely involve a trial in which the co-owners appear at court. This means it is extremely unlikely that you will need to step foot in a courtroom. Most partition work is done by motion practice involving tentative rulings with little interaction between the court and the attorneys, let alone the co-owners.
  • Can a minority owner force the sale of a property? There is no requirement for a majority vote for partition. Rather, an co-owner of any interest in property can force the sale.

Speak to Our Grand Terrace Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Bernardino County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (909) 577-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Padilla v. Padilla – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Padilla v. Padilla, 2011 WL 1909031, F059283 (20-May-2011) , the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two siblings over the partition of a family-owned property. The siblings had inherited the property from their parents, and the dispute arose when one sibling wanted to sell the property and the other wanted to keep it. The court had to decide whether the property should be partitioned or sold, and if so, how the proceeds should be divided. The court ultimately decided that the property should be partitioned, with each sibling receiving an equal share of the proceeds. The court also ordered that the siblings should each pay their own costs associated with the partition.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Grand Terrace, County of San Bernardino, California

    Our Grand Terrace partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (909) 577-3300 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 50 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.