Fairfield Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Fairfield

Fairfield is a city located in the northern part of California’s Bay Area. It is the county seat of Solano County and is situated between the cities of Vallejo and Suisun City. The city is known for its mild climate, diverse population, and vibrant economy. Fairfield is home to a variety of businesses, including the Travis Air Force Base, which is the largest employer in the city. The city is also home to a number of parks, trails, and recreational areas, making it a great place to live and visit.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Fairfield, California is $420,400. As of July 2020, the population of Fairfield, California is estimated to be 113,907.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Fairfield

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Solano County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What is the timeline for a California partition action? Most partition actions are resolved in 3 to 6 months by way of settlement. Other cases can take 6 to 12 months to obtain an interlocutory judgment of partition, which generally appoints a referee to sell the property.
  • How much does a partition action cost? The cost of a partition action can vary widely depending on the complexity of the case. A typical partition action usually costs between $5,000 and $12,000, with about $8,000 being the most common cost. However, difficulty locating a defendant, the motion to appoint a partition referee, delay tactics by defendants, and other issues may raise the cost of your partition action. An experienced partition lawyer can mitigate costs and resolve your co-ownership dispute with maximum efficiency.
  • Can we negotiate a settlement instead of going through a partition action? We find that the best solution is to file the partition action, then negotiate a settlement. Defendants often reach a more reasonable settlement when they are being advised by a partition attorney who will explain that the plaintiff is very likely to obtain the sale of the property.
  • Will there be a trial in a California partition action? Trials are extremely rare in partition actions because the interlocutory judgment procedure allows for a partition referee to be appointed by meeting just a few elements that rarely involve live testimony from witnesses. Even if a trial occurred, it would almost certainly relate only to the ownership interests or the distribution of proceeds, though most cases are decided on motion heard by the court based on the papers submitted by the parties.
  • Can a Trust File a Partition? Yes, a trust can file a partition action as the co-owner of real property in California.

Speak to Our Fairfield Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Solano County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (707) 777-6600 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Flores v. Flores – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Flores v. Flores, 55 Cal.App. 595 (1921), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two siblings over the partition of a family ranch. The siblings had inherited the ranch from their father, and the court was tasked with determining how to divide the property between them. The court found that the siblings had an equal right to the property, and that the partition should be made in such a way that each sibling received an equal share. The court also found that the partition should be made in such a way that each sibling received an equal share of the improvements made to the property, such as buildings and fences. The court also found that the partition should be made in such a way that each sibling received an equal share of the profits from the ranch.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Fairfield, County of Solano, California

    Our Fairfield partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (707) 777-6600 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 39 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

        Awards and Recognition

        US News and World Report Scott Talkov

        We Have Been Featured On:

        The Real Deal

        The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.