webpage stats

Daly City Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Daly City

Daly City is a city located in the San Francisco Bay Area of California. It is the second most populous city in San Mateo County and is known for its diverse population, with a large Filipino-American community, as well as a large Hispanic population. Daly City is also home to the Cow Palace, a large arena and exhibition hall that hosts a variety of events, including concerts, sports, and conventions. The city is also home to several parks, including the John McLaren Park, which is the second largest park in San Francisco. Daly City is a great place to live, with its close proximity to San Francisco, its diverse population, and its many parks and attractions.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Daly City, California is $845,000 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of Daly City, California is estimated to be 106,717.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Daly City

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Mateo County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by awarding each co-owner a certain percentage of the property’s value. The court will then order the property to be divided according to the co-owners’ wishes. The partition statutes also provide that if the court finds that a physical division of the property is not possible, it may order the property to be sold and the proceeds divided among the co-owners.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • Can we negotiate a settlement instead of going through a partition action? We find that the best solution is to file the partition action, then negotiate a settlement. Defendants often reach a more reasonable settlement when they are being advised by a partition attorney who will explain that the plaintiff is very likely to obtain the sale of the property.
  • What are the different types of partition in California? Almost all partition actions are partition by sale, though partition in-kind allows the property to be divided, while a partition by appraisal allows the purchase by one-co-owner at an appraised value.
  • Are there ways to make my partition action less expensive? There are numerous ways to obtain a less expensive partition action in California. For example, having your documents organized can ensure you don’t have to pay your attorney to go through a disorganized mess to get the information they need.
  • How to force the sale of jointly owned property? A partition action is the only statutory method to ensure the end of the co-ownership dispute.

Speak to Our Daly City Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Mateo County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (415) 966-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Gonzalez v. Gonzalez – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Gonzalez v. Gonzalez, 174 Cal. 588 (1917), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two siblings over the partition of a piece of real estate that had been inherited from their father. The siblings had agreed to divide the property, but the agreement was not legally binding. The court had to decide whether the siblings had the right to partition the property, and if so, how it should be divided. The court ultimately ruled that the siblings had the right to partition the property, but that it should be divided in a way that was fair and equitable to both parties.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Daly City in the County of San Mateo, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (415) 966-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Daly City also serve Westlake, Colma, Broadmoor, San Bruno, South San Francisco, and Pacifica.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.