Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Costa Mesa
Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Orange County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.
Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:
- In a partition action, can I be reimbursed for paying more than my fair share of the down payment? Yes, partition actions allow for offsets whereby one co-owner claims excess payments for mortgage, taxes, insurance, improvements, repairs and other property expenses
- What are the costs associated with a partition action? The costs of a partition action generally involve the attorney’s fees, and court costs, but can involve referee fees and broker’s fees if the property is sold.
- Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
- What types of properties can be subject to a partition action in California? All co-owned real or personal property can be partitioned under California law. Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 872.020.
- What type of relief can be granted by the court in a partition action? A partition action generally involves the sale or division of the property, along with an accounting of offsets.
Speak to Our Costa Mesa Partition Attorneys Today
End your co-ownership in Orange County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!
Call us at (949) 888-8800
Partition Actions in Costa Mesa
Partitions are quite common in Costa Mesa. According to Zillow, the median home value in Costa Mesa, California is $817,400 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of the Costa Mesa, California area is 112,844.
Costa Mesa is a city located in Orange County, California. It is situated in the heart of Southern California, just south of Los Angeles and north of San Diego. Costa Mesa is known for its vibrant culture, diverse population, and beautiful beaches. The city is home to a variety of attractions, including the South Coast Plaza shopping center, the Orange County Fairgrounds, and the Segerstrom Center for the Arts. Costa Mesa is also home to a number of universities, including Vanguard University, Orange Coast College, and the University of California, Irvine. Costa Mesa is a great place to live, work, and play, and is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
Gardiner v. Cord – Partition Action Case Study
In the legal case of Gardiner v. Cord, 145 Cal. 157 (1904), the issue was whether a partition of real property could be made without the consent of all the owners. The case involved a dispute between two brothers, William and John Gardiner, over the partition of a piece of real property that they jointly owned. William wanted to partition the property, while John did not. The court held that a partition of real property could not be made without the consent of all the owners, and that William could not partition the property without John’s consent. This case established the principle that all owners of real property must agree to a partition before it can be legally enforced.
Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Costa Mesa in the County of Orange, California.
Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (949) 888-8800 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.
Our partition attorneys in Costa Mesa, California serve Orange County and surrounding areas including Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Santa Ana, Tustin, Anaheim, Garden Grove.