Partition Lawyer in Coronado, California

Partition Lawyer in Coronado, California

Partition Lawyer Coronado San Diego California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Coronado

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Diego County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Can I recover my attorney’s fees in a partition action? Yes, you can recover your legal fees in a partition action through a motion for attorney’s fees. However, most partitions settle, and most settlements involve a walk-away of attorney’s fees, meaning it important to hire a partition attorney who will handle the matter efficiently since each party is likely to pay their own fees.
  • Can you lose interest in a jointly owned home by moving out? Generally, co-owners maintain their ownership interests regardless of whether they live at the property. However, in rare cases, leaving the property for many years without paying taxes or other expenses may allow the co-owners in possession to argue that they have adversely possessed the property. Generally, these co-ownership disputes do not get easier with time, so it is important to act promptly.
  • What are the different types of partition in California? Almost all partition actions are partition by sale, though partition in-kind allows the property to be divided, while a partition by appraisal allows the purchase by one-co-owner at an appraised value.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • Can a partition action be filed for both real property and personal property in California? Yes, all co-owned real and personal property can be partitioned under California law. Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 872.020.

Speak to Our Coronado Partition Attorneys Today

End your co-ownership in San Diego County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (858) 800-3300

Partition California Lawyer Attorney Partition Action

Partition Actions in Coronado

Partitions are quite common in Coronado. According to Zillow, the median home value in Coronado, California is $1,845,000. As of 2020, the population of Coronado, California is 24,697.

Coronado is a beachfront city located in San Diego County, California. It is situated on a peninsula across the San Diego Bay from downtown San Diego. Coronado is known for its beautiful beaches, historic sites, and vibrant downtown area. The city is home to the iconic Hotel del Coronado, a Victorian-style beachfront resort that has been featured in numerous films. Coronado is also home to the Naval Air Station North Island, the largest aerospace-industrial complex in the world. The city is a popular destination for tourists, offering a variety of activities such as swimming, surfing, sailing, and kayaking. Coronado is also home to a variety of restaurants, shops, and galleries.

Watson v. Sutro – Partition Action Case Study

In the legal case of Watson v. Sutro, 103 Cal. 169 (1894), the issue was whether a partition of a piece of real estate was valid. The court found that the partition was invalid because the deed of partition was not properly executed. The deed of partition was not signed by the parties, and the court found that the deed was not properly executed because it did not contain the signatures of the parties. Furthermore, the court found that the deed of partition was not properly recorded, as it was not filed with the county recorder. As a result, the court found that the partition was invalid and that the parties were not entitled to a partition of the real estate.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Coronado in the County of San Diego, California.

Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (858) 800-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

Our partition attorneys in Coronado, California serve San Diego County and surrounding areas including San Diego, Chula Vista, National City, Imperial Beach

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.