Partition Lawyer in Corona, California

Partition Lawyer in Corona, California

Partition Lawyer Corona Riverside California Attorney Partition Action

Experienced Partition Attorneys Serving Corona

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Riverside County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions allows for the partition of real property owned by two or more persons. This statute provides a legal mechanism for the division of real property when the owners cannot agree on how to divide the property. The partition statutes allow for the court to order the sale of the property and the division of the proceeds among the owners. The partition statutes also allows for the court to order the physical division of the property if it is feasible. The partition statutes also provide for the court to order the partition of the property by allotment, which is when the court assigns each owner a specific portion of the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What are the tax implications of a partition action? It is best to seek the advice of a tax attorney or CPA about tax issues. However, the most common tax issues in partitions, like other sales, can involve capital gains taxes and the potential partial or full reassessment of property taxes.
  • What are the costs associated with a partition action? The costs of a partition action generally involve the attorney’s fees, and court costs, but can involve referee fees and broker’s fees if the property is sold.
  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.
  • What is a partition action and when is it necessary?

Speak to Our Corona Partition Attorneys Today

End your co-ownership in Riverside County today. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (951) 888-3300

Partition California Lawyer Attorney Partition Action

Partition Actions in Corona

Partitions are quite common in Corona. According to Zillow, the median home value in Corona, California is $521,400 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of the California city of Corona is estimated to be around 161,719.

Corona is a city located in Riverside County, California, United States. It is situated in the Inland Empire region of Southern California, about 45 miles (72 km) southeast of downtown Los Angeles. The cities of Norco and Riverside lie to the northeast, Chino Hills and Yorba Linda to the west, and the Cleveland National Forest and the Santa Ana Mountains to the southwest. Unincorporated areas of Riverside County line all of its other borders. Corona is a part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. Corona is known for its picturesque views of the Santa Ana Mountains, its historic downtown, and its proximity to the 91 and 15 freeways. The city is home to a variety of businesses, including the Corona Regional Medical Center, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, and Monster Beverage Corporation. It is also home to the Corona Public Library, the Corona Heritage Park and Museum, and the Eagle Glen Golf Club.

Cristy v. Spring Valley Water-Works – Partition Action Case Study

In the legal case of Cristy v. Spring Valley Water-Works, 68 Cal. 73 (1885), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two parties over the ownership of a water-works system. The plaintiff, Cristy, claimed that he owned the entire system, while the defendant, Spring Valley Water-Works, argued that it owned a portion of the system. The court had to decide whether the system should be divided into two parts, with each party owning a portion, or whether the entire system should remain under the ownership of one party. The court ultimately decided that the system should be divided into two parts, with each party owning a portion. This decision established the legal precedent that when two parties are in dispute over the ownership of a property, the court may order a partition of the property in order to resolve the dispute.

Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Corona in the County of Riverside, California.

Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (951) 888-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

Our partition attorneys in Corona, California serve Riverside County and surrounding areas including Riverside, Norco, Eastvale, Chino Hills, Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, Lake Elsinore, Murrieta, Temecula.

Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 68 customer reviews.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

    Awards and Recognition

    US News and World Report Scott Talkov

    We Have Been Featured On:

    The Real Deal

    Recent Blog Posts

    The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.