Colma Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Colma

Colma is a small city located in San Mateo County, California. It is located just south of San Francisco and is known for its many cemeteries. It is home to over 1.5 million people who are buried in the city’s cemeteries, making it one of the most densely populated cities in the world. Colma is also home to a variety of businesses, including retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment venues. The city is known for its quiet, peaceful atmosphere and its proximity to San Francisco.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Colma, California is $817,400 as of 2021. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of Colma, California is 1,792.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Colma

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Mateo County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. A California partition action is a law that allows co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes provide a legal mechanism for co-owners to divide the property without having to go through the court system. The partition statutes also provide a way for co-owners to force the sale of the property if they cannot agree on how to divide it. The partition statutes also set out the procedures for the sale of the property and how the proceeds of the sale will be divided among the co-owners. The partition statutes also provide for the payment of costs associated with the sale of the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • Who can file a partition action in California? Generally, any co-owner of real property can file a partition action.
  • Will the plaintiff win a California partition action? The plaintiff almost always prevails in a partition. This is because the right to partition is absolute under California law. Most partition actions result in the Defendant agreeing to sell the property or buyout the plaintiff’s interest in the property, which is generally the plaintiff’s goal.
  • Can I be forced into selling a jointly owned house? Under California’s Partition of Real Property Act, a co-owner will have a right to buyout the property. However, absent a buy out at the appraised price, a plaintiff will likely be able to force the sale of a jointly owned house.
  • How to force the sale of jointly owned property? A partition action is the only statutory method to ensure the end of the co-ownership dispute.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.

Speak to Our Colma Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Mateo County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (650) 999-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Estate of Dunn – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Estate of Dunn, 2019 WL 310210, D073695 (24-Jan-2019) , the issue of partition was raised. Partition is a legal process in which a court divides a piece of property among multiple owners. In this case, the decedent, Robert Dunn, owned a parcel of real property in San Diego County, California. The property was owned by Robert and his wife, Mary, as joint tenants. Upon Robert’s death, Mary became the sole owner of the property. Mary’s three children from a prior marriage, however, claimed an interest in the property. The children argued that the property should be partitioned, meaning that the court should divide the property among the four owners. The court ultimately found that partition was appropriate and ordered that the property be divided among the four owners.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Colma in the County of San Mateo, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (650) 999-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Colma also serve Daly City, South San Francisco, San Bruno, Pacifica, Millbrae.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 56 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.