webpage stats

Chino Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Chino

Chino is a city located in San Bernardino County, California. It is located in the western part of the Inland Empire region and is part of the Greater Los Angeles Area. Chino is known for its agricultural industry, which includes dairy farms, poultry farms, and crop production. The city is also home to the Chino Valley Medical Center, a major regional hospital. Chino is a popular destination for outdoor recreation, with several parks and trails, as well as the Prado Regional Park. The city is also home to the Chino Airport, which serves general aviation.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Chino, California is $521,400 as of 2021. As of 2020, the population of the California area of Chino is 87,817.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Chino

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving San Bernardino County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What are the costs associated with a partition action? The costs of a partition action generally involve the attorney’s fees, and court costs, but can involve referee fees and broker’s fees if the property is sold.
  • How to force the sale of jointly owned property? A partition action is the only statutory method to ensure the end of the co-ownership dispute.
  • What are the steps involved in a partition action in California? The first step is to file a partition complaint in California, which is followed by a request for the court to enter an interlocutory judgment of partition, thereby appointing a partition referee under the partition statutes.
  • What is California’s Partition of Real Property Act? Effective January 1, 2023, California’s new partition law allows defendants to buy out the interests of the plaintiff at an appraised value.
  • Can heirs force the sale of property? Heirs can force the sale of real property in California once that property is distributed to them. However, sometimes, the property is still held in a trust where the trustee will sell the property. When there is no trust, the probate court may decide that the probate administrator will sell the property before it is distributed in fractional interests to the heirs.

Speak to Our Chino Partition Attorneys Today

Call our San Bernardino County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (909) 577-3300 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Harrington v. Goldsmith – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Harrington v. Goldsmith, 136 Cal. 168 (1902), the issue was whether a partition of real property could be made without the consent of all the owners. The plaintiff, Harrington, owned a one-third interest in a piece of real property with two other owners, Goldsmith and another individual. Harrington sought to partition the property, but Goldsmith refused to consent. The court held that a partition of real property could not be made without the consent of all the owners, and that Harrington’s attempt to partition the property was invalid. The court also held that Goldsmith had the right to refuse to consent to the partition, and that Harrington could not force a partition without Goldsmith’s consent.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Chino in the County of San Bernardino, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (909) 577-3300 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Chino also serve Ontario, Pomona, Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, and Eastvale.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.