Anderson Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Anderson

Anderson is a small city located in Shasta County, California. It is situated in the northern part of the state, about 10 miles east of Redding. The city has a population of about 10,000 people and is known for its rural atmosphere and small-town charm. Anderson is home to a variety of outdoor activities, including fishing, camping, and hiking. The city is also home to a number of local businesses, including restaurants, shops, and services. Anderson is a great place to live for those looking for a peaceful, rural lifestyle.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Anderson, California is $239,400. The population of the California area of Anderson is 10,867 according to the 2020 United States Census.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Anderson

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Shasta County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What are the different types of partition in California? Almost all partition actions are partition by sale, though partition in-kind allows the property to be divided, while a partition by appraisal allows the purchase by one-co-owner at an appraised value.
  • Can a partition action be filed for both real property and personal property in California? Yes, all co-owned real and personal property can be partitioned under California law. Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 872.020.
  • Can we negotiate a settlement instead of going through a partition action? We find that the best solution is to file the partition action, then negotiate a settlement. Defendants often reach a more reasonable settlement when they are being advised by a partition attorney who will explain that the plaintiff is very likely to obtain the sale of the property.
  • Do I need to go to court to win a partition action? While the partition action must be filed with the court, partition actions rarely involve a trial in which the co-owners appear at court. This means it is extremely unlikely that you will need to step foot in a courtroom. Most partition work is done by motion practice involving tentative rulings with little interaction between the court and the attorneys, let alone the co-owners.
  • What types of properties can be subject to a partition action in California? All co-owned real or personal property can be partitioned under California law. Cal. Civ. Proc. Code § 872.020.

Speak to Our Anderson Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Shasta County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (530) 999-5588 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Lipscomb v. Girardi – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Lipscomb v. Girardi, 2018 WL 1127686, B279364 (1-Mar-2018) , the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two co-owners of a property in Los Angeles, California. The plaintiff, Lipscomb, sought to partition the property, while the defendant, Girardi, opposed the partition. The court found that the parties had a valid agreement to partition the property, and that the partition should be allowed. The court also found that the partition should be done in a manner that would be fair to both parties, and that the partition should be done in a way that would not cause any unnecessary hardship to either party. The court also found that the partition should be done in a way that would not cause any damage to the property. The court also found that the partition should be done in a way that would not cause any disruption to the neighborhood.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the City of Anderson, County of Shasta, California

    Our Anderson partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Talkov law unlocks access to justice for co-owners by funding your case. For qualified cases, you pay no fees until we successfully partition your property by obtaining a sale on the market or to your co-owner! For a free consultation with California’s first and largest team of partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (530) 999-5588 or contact us online today.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 50 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Retainer

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.