webpage stats

Amador County Partition Lawyer

Partition Actions in Amador County

Amador County is a county located in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California, east of Sacramento. It is known for its rolling hills, vineyards, and gold rush history. The county seat is Jackson. The county is home to several state parks, including Amador Flower Farm, Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park, and Sutter Creek State Historic Park. It is also home to several wineries, including Amador County Winery, Sobon Estate, and Helwig Winery. The county is also home to several historic sites, including the Kennedy Mine, the Amador County Courthouse, and the Amador County Museum. The county is also home to several recreational activities, including fishing, camping, hiking, and biking.

According to Zillow, the median home value in Amador County, California is $346,400 as of 2021. As of the 2020 United States Census, the population of Amador County, California is 40,091.

Experienced Real Estate Partition Action Attorneys Serving Amador County

Talkov Law’s attorneys serving Amador County are exceptionally experienced in the area of California partition actions. California partition actions provide a legal mechanism for co-owners of real property to divide the property among themselves. The partition statutes allow a co-owner to file a lawsuit in court to have the property divided, either physically or by sale. The court will then order the division of the property in a way that is fair and equitable to all parties. The partition statutes also provide that any proceeds from the sale of the property must be divided among the co-owners in proportion to their respective interests in the property.

Our team of partition attorneys can assist co-owners with frequently asked questions about partitions, such as:

  • What to expect in a California partition action? Partition actions necessarily resolve the conflict between co-owners through an expedited statutory process. A capable partition attorney will assist in expediting the process and producing the most favorable outcome.
  • Can heirs force the sale of property? Heirs can force the sale of real property in California once that property is distributed to them. However, sometimes, the property is still held in a trust where the trustee will sell the property. When there is no trust, the probate court may decide that the probate administrator will sell the property before it is distributed in fractional interests to the heirs.
  • How do I file a partition action? Partition actions must be filed in the county where some or all of the co-owned real property is located by way of a partition complaint. While filing the complaint is relatively easy, reaching the end of the partition as quickly and efficiently as possible requires the skill of an experienced partition attorney.
  • What is a partition action and when is it necessary?
  • What is a partition referee? A partition referee is a neutral third party, often times a lawyer or real estate broker, who completes the sale for the co-owners under court authority. The referee is then paid for their services either on an hourly, flat fee, or commission basis, and is relieved by the court of their duties in the case.

Speak to Our Amador County Partition Attorneys Today

Call our Amador County Partition Attorneys today to end your co-ownership dispute. You don’t pay until the house is sold!

Call us at (209) 600-7700 or contact us below to schedule a free, 15-minute consultation

    Regalado v. Regalado – Partition Action Case Study

    In the legal case of Regalado v. Regalado, 198 Cal.App.2d 549 (1961), the issue of partition was at the center of the dispute. The case involved a dispute between two siblings over the partition of a family ranch. The siblings had inherited the ranch from their father, who had died without a will. The siblings had agreed to partition the ranch, but the agreement was never formalized. The court found that the siblings had agreed to partition the ranch, but that the agreement was not binding because it was not in writing. The court also found that the siblings had not taken any steps to partition the ranch, such as filing a partition action in court. As a result, the court held that the siblings were still joint owners of the ranch and that the partition agreement was not binding.

    Contact our Team of Experienced Partition Lawyers Serving the Amador County County in the County of Amador, California.

    Our partition litigation attorneys will work diligently to obtain a favorable outcome on your behalf, whether by negotiation or litigation. Call the experienced real estate partition attorneys at Talkov Law at (209) 600-7700 or contact us online for a free consultation about your co-ownership issues.

    Our partition attorneys in Amador County also serve Sutter Creek, Jackson, Pine Grove, PIoneer, Ione, Plymouth, Volcano, and Fiddletown, and more.

    Talkov Law is Rated 5 out of 5 stars based on 70 customer reviews.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation & Pay No Legal Fees Until Your Case is Over

    Call Talkov Law to discuss having your legal fees paid from the proceeds of sale of your property and no money down

      Awards and Recognition

      US News and World Report Scott Talkov

      We Have Been Featured On:

      The Real Deal

      Recent Blog Posts

      The information on this site, including the Talkov Law Blog, is intended for general information purposes only. By using this site, you agree that any information contained in the site does not constitute legal, financial or any other form of professional advice. Information on this site may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, accurate, correct or up-to-date.